While poking through my backlog of house photos, I realized I had a “quick fix” project that I had forgotten to post!
This particular problem was a small known issue when we moved in – the garage front had a wood trim front along the upper of the doors that hadn’t been painted in a long time, so the wood had shrunken, creating a gap along the trim top, as well as peeling the paint. It also meant that the soffit was loose and drooping in parts.
Rather than pull up all the wood and re-do the entire top, we added in new pieces of trim to hold the soffit in place, scraped down all the old paint, and re-painted with the same paint used on our front porch, to keep the color scheme consistent. Driving up to our garage, it looks a lot better now! No more peeling paint! This makes for a much better first impression.